Rackner is a software consultancy that builds cloud-native solutions for startups, enterprises and the public sector. We're an energetic, growing consultancy with a passion for solving big problems for both startups and enterprises. We're always learning and incorporating new things. We stay on the bleeding edge, appraising new technologies and incorporating them if they provide additional value to our customers. Our customers hail from a diverse, ever growing list of industries. We work with small startups, hypergrowth companies, and some of the largest enterprises.
Title: Kubernetes Administrator
Kubernetes is an open-source platform for managing IT systems and services. We are looking for a Kubernetes administrator with SRE experience to work on various client projects. You will be working with fantastic teams on exciting software projects utilizing containers to deploy highly available applications.
The Kubernetes administrator is responsible for:
• Designing and implementing solutions to leverage a Kubernetes cluster.
• Configuring hardware, peripherals, and services, managing settings and storage,
• Deploying cloud-native applications and monitoring and supporting a Kubernetes environment.
• Researching opportunities for automation, troubleshooting issues as reported by users.
• Mentoring junior team members in best practices.
• Collaborate with other members of the IT team using tools like GIT to promote security, efficiency, and scalability of core services and capabilities.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
• B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
• A Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) is a plus.
• Production Kubernetes Experience
• Experience with building Kubernetes Operators a plus
• Highly experienced with Docker & Containers
• Top notch Linux skills
• SRE experience for a mid-large system at least
• General cloud architecture experience with a major cloud provider
• General DevOps Experience a plus.
• Strong experience with Windows, Linux, or Unix system administration, as well as solid skills with orchestration platforms, such as ECS, Kubernetes, or Mesos.